Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Quotient Rule of Logarithms - Problem 2
Using the quotient rule of logarithms to condense or put two logarithms back together. We know that the log of base b of x over y is the same thing as log base b of x minus log base b of y.
For this example what we’re actually doing is we’re going from the expanded subtraction version back to a single log. All you have to know is that the first one, log base b of x is going to go in the numerator. Going here that means our x is going to be in the numerator, log base 5 of x over the second one is going to be in the denominator, x plus 3.
Using the quotient rule of logarithms we we’re able to combine these two, condense then down into a single log.
Tagsquotient rule of logarithms condense
Sample Problems (4)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Exponential Functions 16,601 views
- Logarithmic Functions 14,159 views
- Properties of Logarithms 9,348 views
- The Number e and the Natural Logarithm 12,336 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 9,716 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,262 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,789 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,606 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,080 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,017 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,226 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,544 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,284 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,474 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,638 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 20,154 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,500 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 60,078 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,727 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,860 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,929 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,820 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,748 views