Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Condensing Logarithms - Problem 4
In order to move toward solving equations using logs and exponential expressions, we must be able to condense multiple logs into one log. This is only possible if they have the same base. The quotient, product, and power rules of logs closely mirror the rules of exponents that you already know. Although they may seem counter-intuitive, proofs are not very difficult and are most likely available in your text. Practice condensing expressions, being careful of your use of parentheses particularly with the power rule, in order to solve equations later.
Transcript Coming Soon!
TagsProducts quotient and powers condensing log expressions
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Exponential Functions 16,507 views
- Logarithmic Functions 14,065 views
- Properties of Logarithms 9,281 views
- The Number e and the Natural Logarithm 12,216 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 9,635 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,127 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,635 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,502 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 24,900 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 12,964 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,043 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,444 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,876 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,181 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,350 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 19,971 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,393 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,388 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,615 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,704 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,831 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,716 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,648 views