Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Common and Natural Logarithms - Problem 2 258 views
Just like pi is approximately 3.14, lower case "e" in math is approximately 2.72. Both, however, are irrational (that is, non-terminating, non-repeating decimals.) "e" is so important and commonly used in finance and population growth that it gets its own log, called the natural log, which is notated ln.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (2)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Exponential Functions 16,618 views
- Logarithmic Functions 14,179 views
- Properties of Logarithms 9,363 views
- The Number e and the Natural Logarithm 12,359 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 9,734 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,286 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,818 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,621 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,105 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,022 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,259 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,563 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 14,013 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,294 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,496 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,683 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,519 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 60,222 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,749 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,883 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,951 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,845 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,758 views