Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Common and Natural Logarithms - Problem 2
Just like pi is approximately 3.14, lower case "e" in math is approximately 2.72. Both, however, are irrational (that is, non-terminating, non-repeating decimals.) "e" is so important and commonly used in finance and population growth that it gets its own log, called the natural log, which is notated ln.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagswhat is e methematical constant
Sample Problems (2)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Exponential Functions 16,538 views
- Logarithmic Functions 14,097 views
- Properties of Logarithms 9,300 views
- The Number e and the Natural Logarithm 12,238 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 9,651 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,165 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,672 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,518 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 24,941 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 12,971 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,088 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,466 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,901 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,209 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,375 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,473 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,421 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,552 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,629 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,750 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,860 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,742 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,675 views