Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions - Problem 7
As with any fractions, dividing is the same is multiplying by the reciprocal. We leave the first fraction the same, invert the second fraction, and multiply. Here we're working with polynomials, so factor everything and cross out any common factors in tops and bottoms. Domain restrictions are any values of variables that would make any denominators equal to zero, since dividing by zero is undefined.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Sample Problems (9)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition and Domain of a Rational Expression 13,757 views
- Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions 14,435 views
- Simplifying Complex Fractions 36,583 views
- Solving a Rational Equation 19,234 views
- Graphing a Rational Expression 12,049 views
- Solving a Rational Equation for a parameter 9,429 views