Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Quotient Rule of Logarithms - Problem 4
The quotient rule can be used to either expand logs that have fractions as input or to condense multiple logs that have the same base. If you're expanding, don't forget to write the base in all of your resulting terms (unless, of course, it's an implied base 10.) Condensing can only be done if the logs have the same base. If there are multiple logs being subtracted, consider factoring out the first subtraction sign so you can see that you are subtracting a sum (that is, you'll have product in your final denominator.)
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagsquotient rule expanding and condensing logs
Sample Problems (4)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,222 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,517 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,484 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,764 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,328 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,196 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,706 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,557 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 24,984 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 12,992 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,145 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,491 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,234 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,404 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,510 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 20,050 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,444 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,690 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,653 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,784 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,880 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,768 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,518 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,694 views