Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Quotient Rule of Logarithms - Problem 4
The quotient rule can be used to either expand logs that have fractions as input or to condense multiple logs that have the same base. If you're expanding, don't forget to write the base in all of your resulting terms (unless, of course, it's an implied base 10.) Condensing can only be done if the logs have the same base. If there are multiple logs being subtracted, consider factoring out the first subtraction sign so you can see that you are subtracting a sum (that is, you'll have product in your final denominator.)
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagsquotient rule expanding and condensing logs
Sample Problems (4)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,255 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,531 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,528 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,793 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,349 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,236 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,760 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,592 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,055 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,010 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,198 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,520 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,273 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,435 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,596 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 20,117 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,476 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,951 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,689 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,836 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,913 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,799 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,565 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,723 views