Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Product Rule of Logarithms - Problem 2 4,503 views
Using the product rule for logarithms going the other direction. So what I mean by the other direction instead of going backwards putting them back to a single log. Sometimes here this is referred to us condensing.
So what we have is a log base 2 of 10 and we have another log base 2 of 7 plus x. And what we want to do is put this in together to be one log. Whenever we are adding, this is a sign that came from a multiplication so if you remember we have log base b of xy is equal to log base b of x plus log base b of y. And what we are doing this time is we are going from this step back to a single log. So what that means is we are basically just going to multiply the answer of these two logs together.
So doing that out we end up with log base 2 of 10 times 7 plus x. If you wanted to you could distribute your 10 through but you may not have to. Either way this is going to be the condensed form the single log of taking these two logarithms joining them together.
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,277 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,544 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,544 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,814 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,358 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,262 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,789 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,606 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,080 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,017 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,226 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,994 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,284 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,474 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,638 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 20,154 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,500 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 60,078 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,727 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,860 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,929 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,820 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,593 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,748 views