Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Finding an Inverse Algebraically - Problem 8
We know that in order to find the inverse of a function algebraically, we need to swap x and y and then solve for y. In doing this, the domain and range get swapped, as well. We can see this graphically as a function and its inverse are reflected across the line y = x. When working with radical functions in particular, we need to make sure that whatever is under the radical, called the radicand, is always greater than or equal to zero. This will help us verify that the domain and range have been swapped.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagsinverse algebraically radical graph y=x
Sample Problems (10)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,184 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,489 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,723 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,296 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,127 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,635 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,502 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 24,900 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 12,964 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,043 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,444 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,876 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,181 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,350 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,425 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 19,971 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,393 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,388 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,615 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,704 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,831 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,716 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,463 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,648 views