Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Condensing Logarithms - Concept 23,660 views
When evaluating logarithmic equations, we can use methods for condensing logarithms in order to rewrite multiple logarithmic terms into one. Condensing logarithms can be a useful tool for the simplification of logarithmic terms. When condensing logarithms we use the rules of logarithms, including the product rule, the quotient rule and the power rule.
So by now you've learned a lot of different properties about logarithms. You've learned the product rule, the quotient rule and the power rule and the couple other guys to help you dealing with logarithms. And what we're going to do now is talk about how we can condense logarithm so what I mean by condense is taking multiple logarithms and throw them together to make a single logarithm, so most of the time when you've talked about these equations, you take a logarithm of a more complicated thing and break it up into a sum or a difference of multiple logs, so what we're going to do now is use the same properties but go the other way so we're going to take multiple logarithms and put with them back together to make one.
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,277 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,544 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,544 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,814 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,358 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,262 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,789 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,606 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,080 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,017 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,226 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,544 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,994 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,284 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,474 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 20,154 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,500 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 60,078 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,727 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,860 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,929 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,820 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,593 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,748 views