Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Common and Natural Logarithms - Problem 2
Just like pi is approximately 3.14, lower case "e" in math is approximately 2.72. Both, however, are irrational (that is, non-terminating, non-repeating decimals.) "e" is so important and commonly used in finance and population growth that it gets its own log, called the natural log, which is notated ln.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagswhat is e methematical constant
Sample Problems (2)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,255 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,531 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,528 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,793 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,349 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,236 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,760 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,592 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,055 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,010 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,198 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,520 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,973 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,273 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,435 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,596 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,476 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,951 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,689 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,836 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,913 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,799 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,565 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,723 views