Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Common and Natural Logarithms - Problem 2 256 views
Just like pi is approximately 3.14, lower case "e" in math is approximately 2.72. Both, however, are irrational (that is, non-terminating, non-repeating decimals.) "e" is so important and commonly used in finance and population growth that it gets its own log, called the natural log, which is notated ln.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (2)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,277 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,544 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,544 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,814 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,358 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,262 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,789 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,606 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 25,080 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,017 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,226 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,544 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,994 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,284 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,474 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,638 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,500 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 60,078 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,727 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,860 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,929 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,820 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,593 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,748 views