Don't Stop Learning Now!
Gain access to 3,500 HD videos.
Find Study Help
Watch All Videos FREE for 1 Week
No credit card required.TRY 1 WEEK FREE
Common and Natural Logarithms - Problem 2
Just like pi is approximately 3.14, lower case "e" in math is approximately 2.72. Both, however, are irrational (that is, non-terminating, non-repeating decimals.) "e" is so important and commonly used in finance and population growth that it gets its own log, called the natural log, which is notated ln.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Tagswhat is e methematical constant
Sample Problems (2)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 16,222 views
- Definition of Inverse 12,517 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 18,484 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 13,764 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 15,328 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 34,196 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 23,706 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 28,557 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 24,984 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 12,992 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 25,145 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 14,491 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 13,932 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 18,234 views
- Expanding Logarithms 19,404 views
- Condensing Logarithms 23,510 views
- Change of Base Formula 17,444 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 59,690 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 23,653 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 20,784 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 15,880 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 15,768 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 17,518 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 13,694 views