- Drinking glass with a smooth rim
- Small square of cardboard about three inches square
Procedure: Work over a sink!
- Fill the drinking glass with water up to the brim.
- Place the cardboard on top of the glass and hold it down. Some extra water may escape.
- Hold the cardboard against the glass with your fingers and turn the glass over.
- Carefully remove your fingers.
- You should be surprised and amazed by this strange occurrence.
- Repeat the experiment with a new piece of cardboard and only one inch of water in the glass.