Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Expanding Logarithms - Problem 5 536 views
The most common mistakes in using the quotient rule come in imprecision with subtracting more than one log. This happens when the bottom of the fraction is a product: that product will be re-written as a sum, but that entire quantity is subtracted. Be extremely careful with distributing negatives, because a small mistake in a plus or minus can have a big impact on your expanded form.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 6,865 views
log5 25x² √z
Problem 2 5,356 views
log9 (ab)³ 9(c + d)
Problem 3 4,701 views
log4( 64 )⁻³ ∛x⁴ ⋅ y²
Problem 4 459 views
Problem 5 535 views
Problem 6 463 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,278 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,160 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,595 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,768 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,228 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 35,962 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,913 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,578 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,755 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,495 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,057 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,426 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,043 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,429 views
- Condensing Logarithms 25,604 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,837 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,439 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 66,908 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,872 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,381 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,125 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,029 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,612 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,054 views