Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Expanding Logarithms - Problem 5 560 views
The most common mistakes in using the quotient rule come in imprecision with subtracting more than one log. This happens when the bottom of the fraction is a product: that product will be re-written as a sum, but that entire quantity is subtracted. Be extremely careful with distributing negatives, because a small mistake in a plus or minus can have a big impact on your expanded form.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 6,904 views
log5 25x² √z
Problem 2 5,379 views
log9 (ab)³ 9(c + d)
Problem 3 4,736 views
log4( 64 )⁻³ ∛x⁴ ⋅ y²
Problem 4 483 views
Problem 5 559 views
Problem 6 490 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,333 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,198 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,634 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,824 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,295 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 36,030 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,969 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,631 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,835 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,531 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,147 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,484 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,113 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,504 views
- Condensing Logarithms 25,690 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,919 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,493 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 67,253 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,920 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,449 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,176 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,121 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,650 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,109 views