Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Expanding Logarithms - Problem 4 492 views
In order to use the power rule of logs correctly, you need to be careful with what is the base of a particular exponent and what is not part of the base. The power moves out front of only the log (or logs) that have the base. Most errors come when the power is moved out front of multiple logs that should not, in fact, have that power applied. If you're in doubt, expand all of the products to sums first, and then go back and move the powers out front.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 6,909 views
log5 25x² √z
Problem 2 5,386 views
log9 (ab)³ 9(c + d)
Problem 3 4,740 views
log4( 64 )⁻³ ∛x⁴ ⋅ y²
Problem 4 491 views
Problem 5 568 views
Problem 6 493 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,354 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,212 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,651 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,839 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,305 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 36,060 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,992 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,642 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,866 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,541 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,177 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,504 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,131 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,532 views
- Condensing Logarithms 25,716 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,941 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,513 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 67,353 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,942 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,475 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,195 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,141 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,666 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,124 views