Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Expanding Logarithms - Problem 4 455 views
In order to use the power rule of logs correctly, you need to be careful with what is the base of a particular exponent and what is not part of the base. The power moves out front of only the log (or logs) that have the base. Most errors come when the power is moved out front of multiple logs that should not, in fact, have that power applied. If you're in doubt, expand all of the products to sums first, and then go back and move the powers out front.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 6,857 views
log5 25x² √z
Problem 2 5,354 views
log9 (ab)³ 9(c + d)
Problem 3 4,695 views
log4( 64 )⁻³ ∛x⁴ ⋅ y²
Problem 4 454 views
Problem 5 531 views
Problem 6 459 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,261 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,138 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,573 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,753 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,209 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 35,932 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,887 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,563 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,735 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,484 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,034 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,408 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,024 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,405 views
- Condensing Logarithms 25,587 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,802 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,421 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 66,792 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,856 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,353 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,106 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,008 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,589 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,038 views