Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Condensing Logarithms - Problem 6 454 views
In order to condense a log and an integer into a single log, you must set yourself up to use either the quotient or product rules- that is, you want a sum or difference of two logs with the same base. Rewrite the integer as a log with the same base as the other term. Your final result may use parentheses to more clearly show what product or quotient is the input into the log function.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 8,130 views
Condense:4log3x − ½log3y + log3z
Problem 2 5,635 views
Condense:2log5x − ¾log5y + 4log5z − 2log53
Problem 3 4,843 views
Condense:2log7x - 3log7y + 3
Problem 4 553 views
Problem 5 416 views
Problem 6 453 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,261 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,138 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,573 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,753 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,209 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 35,932 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,887 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,563 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,735 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,484 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,034 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,408 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,024 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,405 views
- Expanding Logarithms 20,711 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,802 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,421 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 66,792 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,856 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,353 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,106 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,008 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,589 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,038 views