Brightstorm is like having a personal tutor for every subject
See what all the buzz is aboutCheck it out
Condensing Logarithms - Problem 6 479 views
In order to condense a log and an integer into a single log, you must set yourself up to use either the quotient or product rules- that is, you want a sum or difference of two logs with the same base. Rewrite the integer as a log with the same base as the other term. Your final result may use parentheses to more clearly show what product or quotient is the input into the log function.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Please enter your name.
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Sample Problems (6)
Need help with a problem?
Watch expert teachers solve similar problems.
Problem 1 8,162 views
Condense:4log3x − ½log3y + log3z
Problem 2 5,661 views
Condense:2log5x − ¾log5y + 4log5z − 2log53
Problem 3 4,870 views
Condense:2log7x - 3log7y + 3
Problem 4 569 views
Problem 5 434 views
Problem 6 478 views
- Definition of One-to-One Functions 17,325 views
- Definition of Inverse 13,185 views
- Finding an Inverse Algebraically 19,622 views
- Proving Two Functions are Inverses 14,797 views
- Finding an Inverse Graphically 16,270 views
- Exponential Functions and their Graphs 36,004 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the 'Same' Base 24,951 views
- Introduction to Logarithms 29,615 views
- Solving Simple Logarithmic Equations 26,810 views
- Function Notation with Logs and Exponentials 13,514 views
- Graph of Logarithmic Functions 27,109 views
- Product Rule of Logarithms 15,465 views
- Quotient Rule of Logarithms 15,092 views
- Power Rule of Logarithms 19,482 views
- Expanding Logarithms 20,785 views
- Common and Natural Logarithms 21,890 views
- Change of Base Formula 18,478 views
- Solving Exponential Equations with the Different Bases 67,138 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation 24,902 views
- Solving a Logarithmic Equation with Multiple Logs 22,424 views
- Compound Interest (Finite Number of Calculations) 17,159 views
- Compound Interest (Continuously) 17,098 views
- Exponential Growth and Decay 18,643 views
- Evaluating a Logarithmic Expression in terms of Known Quantities 15,081 views